A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, September 12, 2005

It pays to call

Today I phoned up some of the agencies I had emailed near the end of last week.

I couldn't get through to some of them - they'll be in tomorrow.

But two I did contact were interested and said they'd put my name forward; those are bites.

In fact one asked if I could be interviewed by them on Wednesday. Absolutely. They're in St. Albans and are holding the first round of interviews on behalf of their client.

Great, not only a bite but an interview.

It always pays to phone. In this case, the agent hadn't retrieved my original email. So I resent it and pointed her in the direction of my web site. When she'd seen my c.v. she called back.

Today I applied for three jobs.

No comments: