A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Recall

A week ago I applied for a job which looked a bit familiar.

I finally got through to the agent today. He couldn't say who the company was so I asked him if it was the one I suspected. It was, I had applied to them a few months ago, inadvertently twice. I told him this as it could be embarrasing if he puts my name forward.

In fact, agencies often have a contractual agreement with clients that they will get paid if their candidate is appointed for a year after their introduction.

So, if a second agency introduces the candidate, who is then successful, tough, the first agency gets its introduction fee.

This isn't always the case and the agent said he'd find out where they stood. He said that talking to me I sounded a very good fit. Well, it was a City company, I have a bit of that background and, er, do speak rather well. That's why it always pays to call.

After that the conversation went on to learning languages, which was quite a nice chat.

No comments: