A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, December 19, 2005

Round-up

Despite what seemed to be a particularly light week - what with Christmas looming and all that - I managed to apply for eight jobs.

Hardly a bumper but still above my weekly quota of five applications.

These eight applications resulted, so far, in one bite. Which is ok, although I've had better weeks.

I don't hold out much hope for this week, people will be definitely tooling down for Christmas. In fact I may be going up to London again (if Fat Frank can get his arse in gear and call me - he's come over from Spain).

I blame the Romans for the upcoming drought in applications. If only they'd been a bit more forthright with the early Christians. Had they put a stop to all that meekness nonsense I wouldn't have to worry about Christmas and Easter getting in the way of joyous things like job hunting.

But what did the Romans do? They gave in and converted. Typical Italians.

No comments: