A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Spot the difference

Spot the difference

- Yesterday was a bank (public) holiday and I applied for three jobs.

- Today was a working day and I applied for no jobs.

I phoned one of the agencies to whom I applied yesterday. He was recruiting on behalf of his client who is going through some disaster recovery activity. Not an exercise mind, as the client was in Hemel Hempstead.

As it blew up, about a week ago (Buncefield oil refinery; and could it have happened to a nicer place?) they’ve implemented their disaster recovery. Apparently that plan involves recruiting freelance project managers.

He suspected my experience wasn’t big enough but he’ll mention my details to his client.

No comments: