A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Massive improvement

After this afternoon's trawl I started using LinkedIn's add-on to browsers.

This allows you to see connections you have in companies advertised on Monster and some other sites.

What I've been doing is going through Monster and looking at interesting companies, whether they're actually recruiting in my field or not. I then check if there are any useful LinkedIn contacts in those companies and am starting to create a shortlist.

Soon, I'll contact these LinkedIn people and see if they can help me find a suitable role within their company.

May as well as today was a massive improvement on the number of applications I've made this week - a massive one application (complete with missing verb).

No comments: