A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Amendment

Despite my relief that I didn’t have to change my c.v. for one agency I hadn’t totally got away with it.

Another agency I got through today liked my details.

But they felt my c.v. could be better.

What!?

He explained what he meant and sent a summary of a c.v. which seemed suitable. It wasn’t an actual c.v. but it showed what the client may like.

Well, I had a think. The c.v. I had sent him was my preferred two-page version.

Bearing in mind what the agent had told me I took my standard three-page version. It tends to bring out my project management skills but I made some slight but suitable changes and sent it to him.

Making changes like this is rather difficult. Understanding the agent’s view of what is required is difficult, not least because his advice is over the phone.

I then waited five minutes, ok, it was actually four minutes, then called him. He’d just received it. Whilst I was on the phone he opened and looked at the c.v. and said immediately that it now looked fine. He’s sending it to his client: a bite.

No comments: