A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Mystery calls

Mystery calls

When I returned from the bathroom this morning I found I had missed a call.

“Nothing unusual in that”, you may say. Well, this was a call made to my SkypeIn number which redirects to my PC. Hardly anyone uses this number.

My Skype client (on my PC) had alerted me to this missed call but the caller withheld their number and – and this is very bad – didn’t leave a message.

A bit later I received a call, on my mobile, from a recruitment agent who was just touching base. Whilst I was talking to him I received another call which, of course, I ignored. This call would have been diverted to my voice mail system but the caller didn’t leave a message. And had withheld their number.

I guess I’ll never know who was calling.

No comments: