A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, December 19, 2005

London

Well, I went up to London on Saturday to see a friend*.

We went to the usual bar (in Kensington, more Chelsea end); this time we didn't have to worry about closing time as England has finally grown up. Now that we've gotten rid of restrictive pub closing time law we just have to get rid of the monarchy. Then we'll actually be a free country.

Visiting London makes me yearn for it more.

* I also met up with another friend beforehand in "apostrophe" - a small chain of coffee/boulangerie shops.

I suggested we meet up there as they have the world's best hot chocolate - i.e. chocolate which is so hot it's gone into the liquid phase.

When my friend turned up I suggested he get the same. The couple at the next table overheard us - noted my extreme recommendation - and did the same.

No comments: