A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Busy afternoon

This morning was spent shopping, oh the excitement.

So I started looking for a job this afternoon.

I managed to apply for three jobs. And one of them, for an interim job in Edinburgh, resulted in a bite.

The recruitment agent told me that the client had sent their requirements this morning then gone for a Christmas party.

That's good if I do secure an interview because it'll mean their party is out of the way. I once went for an interview for a rather large management consultancy. The interviewer came from their office party to interview me. If you're familiar with my guidelines on conducting interviews (second bullet point down) you'll see how this could be a mistake.

No comments: