A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Late night

I don't normally watch television although I'd like to. The reason? Well, there's hardly anything worth watching.

Last night was an exception: Channel 4 showed the film "24 hour party people". It was much better than I expected.

The first third of the film featured Joy Division which means that today my head is constantly playing Job Division tracks, mainly "She's Lost Control", rather than the usual rubbish that gets stuck in the head.

A girlfriend - when we were in the getting serious part of the relationship - once asked me, cautiously, if I liked the Spice Girls.

God, what a question. BTW does anyone know who Ugly Spice was?

I tried to explain to her that I was brought up on Joy Division so it was hardly likely. But I think she was only vaguely familiar with "Love Will Tear Us Apart Again" so didn't really see the impossibility of her concerns. Anyway, not liking the Shite Girls was the right answer. Though, in retrospect, I should have dumped her there and then for even suspecting me of such horror.

Why am I writing all this? Well, because I don't have much to write about this morning.

I couldn't find any jobs to which to apply, although I did send a LinkedIn on-spec message to someone (not someone I know) who works in an international organisation.

No comments: