A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

unusual contact

After my usual trawl I went to LinkedIn (it's a web site). There, waiting for me, was a message from someone not in my network.

She worked for a company in the US with offices in Eastern Europe. In her email she mentioned a couple of names I'd been in contact with and asked about progress on a business front.

I didn't recognise the names but it's possible that they'd heard of me.

The message was a bit hard to understand, in the sense of: were they looking for someone, or were they looking for a business partner or client. Maybe it was just the slant I'd put on it.

Anyway, I wrote back to her explaining that I had no business requirements for their services but that I was available for work.

Something may turn up out of it.

No comments: