A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Plaxo

Before my second trawl I dealt with an email from a LinkedIn contact who wanted to update my details on Plaxo.

A recrutiment agent contacted me over two years ago about updating my contact details on Plaxo but I haven't used it since.

Anyway, I thought today was an opportunity to update my own details. It took longer than expected but I went through it anyway. It's not such a big deal as LinkedIn or openBC. But I think it may have a couple of uses:

  1. First use: do what it says on the label and keep your contact details up to date
  2. Second use: when you update your details it can nudge people you don't often hear from, just a reminder that you exist

No comments: