A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Too fast again

For contract jobs I often end my covering email with : "I am available immediately".

Today I saw a contract for a relocation project manager and sent off a c.v. and covering letter with that line at the end.

Except.

I missed out the "am", as in "I available immediately".

Fortunately I noticed this error just as I pressed the Send button.

Unfortunately my PC decided to speed up suddenly and the email was sent before I could cancel it.

Damn. Worse, it could mean that this error has crept in to a lot of emails. I checked using Microsoft Desktop Search and I could find only two emails with this ommission: and one of those was bounced because the agent gave me the wrong address.

No comments: