A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Slight news

People who know me have often commented that I’m often stoical and particularly calm under fire. In fact the last characteristic has been levelled as a criticism. More than once.

These observations are correct.

Except for at the moment.

I’ve just had a reply from the agency. The agent handling my application has been off sick. He’s back in today though.

The recruiting manager is on holiday this week.

His purchasing department has still not given the go-ahead.

Munich City council has banned the wearing of Barbour jackets.

I made the last bit up.

Although the recruiting manager is on holiday apparently he’s said he wants me to start on Monday (next Monday not two days ago). The agent is hoping to talk with the purchasing department this afternoon.

Must keep calm.

No comments: