A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, February 13, 2006

Look Ive been busy o

Look I’ve been busy, okay?


Busy #1

Saturday was spent shopping my arse off if that’s possible.

I went to Brighton and bought loads of things, including:

Thing #1 a suitcase. Normally I like to shop around, see the best value for money, which in my case means the most compartments etc. In this case, the suitcase had two criteria to meet:

Suitcase criterion #1 It had to hold a suit and other things.

Suitcase criterion #2 It had to be not purple.

There would have been a third criterion, namely it had to have wheels, but all suitcases come with these.

Thing #2 contact lenses. This should have been easy. Just go into the opticians, as I’ve done many times before, and ask for some contact lenses. I did this and they said I had to have an eye check-up as it had apparently been two years since this had last happened. No check-up, no contact lenses. I looked upset so they said they’d do it in 20 minutes. Just as well really as my prescription has changed quite a bit.

I bought loads of other tings as well.

Busy #2

Packing my arse off (what?), or Sunday to give it its usual name. This was spent throwing things out, packing the other things and trying to find a hotel in Munich. Which I eventually did.

Busy #3

That’s today, travelling to Heathrow, flying to Munich and checking into the hotel.

Brings you up to date.

Now, I don’t have ready (or cheap) internet access. But you’ll be using an RSS reader for this site (won’t you?) so you’ll know when it’s been updated.

Remember, just because I’ve got a job doesn’t mean anything to the ultimate job hunting blog.

No comments: