A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Emails, the truth

Although I spend a lot of my time job hunting or studying I do do some other activities. Like updating this blog. Of course.

And reading other blogs.

For example, there’s a very good article in Lifehacker about emails in business.

Now, I’m a big fan of how technology can improve life and work. Including email. But I know how badly it can be used.

I’ve often berated staff for sending emails:

“One phone call (or face-to-face chat) saves 10 emails”

“Emails are often read harsher than they’re written”

No comments: