A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Assumption

As some project managers know assumptions are the things that will bite you in the balls.

I’d like to put “as every project manager knows” but that would be an assumption in itself. Actually that wouldn’t even be an assumption; it would be a falsehood.

So on Friday I made a decision. Come Sunday I’d assume I wasn’t going to Munich and job hunt in anger.

Today I assumed I wasn’t going to get this job in Munich and so job hunted in anger.

The result: one application.

No comments: