A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Another day not at work

Today I applied for one job.

Around 5pm I received a call from an agency about a short PM role in Birmingham, helping out a relocation project.

I explained that I might be in Munich soon. But I also emphasized that I’m working on a first come, first served basis and that a short project would be fine with me.

I thought it was right to do so. After all, if I do get this contract in Munich, when it ends he may have another suitable job for me. Also, he’s recruiting for a company with a renowned reputation.

So, that’s a bite.

I also received an email from the agent handling the Munich job. In it, he said he should get the “green light” by tomorrow. I hope so; I’m getting a bit fed up waiting around. But I don’t have any alternatives.

No comments: