A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, February 10, 2006

For you, Englander, zer vaiting ist over.

I know I had to wait for the contract but I also had to do something in town.

But the timing was critical. If there was anything contentious in the contract there’d only be a short period of time to sort it out (remember Germany is an hour ahead).

This resulted in me walking very quickly to town and back.

Upon my return I found an email waiting for me.

It contained the contract.

I read every line of it (10 pages) but it was fine.

I emailed an acceptance back so it’s a done deal. Tomorrow I’ll print it off, sign it and fax it to them as well.

I start on Tuesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

many congratulations!!!

I've found a job myself! :)

The Job Hunter With No Name said...

Thank you anonymous.

And congratulations to you too.

Hope you visit the site again. Just because I've got a job doesn't mean I'll stop updating this blog - not least as it's a contract so I'll have to be looking again, maybe in September. But I'll be posting before then for sure.

Take care.

JC