A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Literally

I once heard a BBC TV journalist say that Boris Yeltsin was “literally about to explode".

Now, I know that he was often Smirnoff’s Drinker of the Year but I doubted he was anywhere close to exploding.

Just after 7pm (just after 8pm in German time) I received an email from the recruitment agent. Apparently they’re “literally 99% there” with getting my job sorted out. Just one more phone conference between the recruitment agency and the client.

Well, that’s okay. If it happens it happens. I am very glad to get communication from the agent and will be on standby in case I get a call tomorrow.

No comments: