A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, February 03, 2006

Name change?

Perhaps I should change the name of this blog to “ultimate waiting for a job in Germany blog”.

Today I received another email from the recruitment agent: he’s spoken with people at the client and it looks like Monday or Tuesday before they give the go-ahead! (his italics).

I didn’t think it would drag-out quite so long. It’s almost three weeks since the interview. My patience would have been spent but I’ve got nothing else to do.

Well, I think I have to increase my general job-hunting efforts. Although I have a strong feeling that this Munich job will come through that counts for nothing. During the last week I’ve been doing much less job hunting than normal – in fact, none today.

But on Sunday I’ll do a big trawl.

I’ve spent a lot of today researching into various ways of contracting in Germany.

Very difficult, especially as I don’t know how long the contract would last.

Although I have already spoken to couple of financial professionals I found the names of some more today. I’ll contact them on Monday.

No comments: