A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Hotel

For the first four days I stayed in a rather nice hotel.

But I couldn’t stay any longer as they were booked out.

So I moved to another hotel which looked really good on their web site.

It was an aparthotel.

People should note that Germans use the term aparthotels for:

  • Normal hotels

  • Hotels which have self-contained utilities such as a kitchenette

  • Hotels which are falling apart

This hotel fitted into the last two categories.

Also, this area of Munich only has one restaurant. And the kitchenette isn’t up to evening meal cooking. Or lunchtime cooking either.

Anyway, on Saturday I’m moving to another hotel. I’ve already checked it out (well, I’ve learnt not to judge hotels by their web site). It’s in Schwabing – an area I know well - and there are lots of restaurants, bars and cafes.

No comments: