A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm in love with a German film star

I used this as a title to one of my posts last April.

Ever since, people have visited this site as a result of searching against these words.

I can tell that they’ve visited because I use eXTreme Tracking and that includes information on referring sites and any search words used.

When people search against “I’m in love with a German film star” my site comes up quite high in the rankings.

It’s probably even higher now.

Actually I’ve got the record by “The Passions”.

Ironically, this was whilst job hunting, twenty years ago, after graduating.

A medium-sized company was looking for electronic engineers for their plant in Gainsborough, Lincolnshire.

It was such a long train journey from the safety of southern England that they put me up in a hotel, well, really an inn, the night before.

I arrived before the shops closed and, as I had nothing else to do, I walked around the town.

There a constant smell of vinegar everywhere.

It was very boring but I stumbled into a record shop. And there I found this single, well actually it was an EP.

It was the only good thing about the interview. I didn’t want the job and they didn’t want me.

No comments: