A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Busy in limbo

It’s 1650 now (UK time) and I haven’t heard anything about the job in Munich.

Mind you, I was told it could be Tuesday before the go-ahead is given.

Mind you, the agent did say he’d call me yesterday. He didn’t but I’m not too fazed about that as there wouldn’t be much to discuss.

Anyway, as yesterday I’m now living with the assumption that the Munich thing won’t happen and so have been feverishly job hunting.

The result? One application today. It did, however, yield in a bite. Plus, I received a bite from an agency I emailed last week.

The response was very positive. The agent sent quite a lot of information over, not just a job spec. In return I worked on an email which detailed my suitability for the role in light of this information.

In fact, I was so busy on this I didn’t get time to do an afternoon trawl

Oh, and I installed a trial version of ACT! (don’t forget the exclamation mark now) on my PC. I’m interested to see if this CRM tool will work better than my current homebrew Access database.

No comments: