A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

More email advice

43 Folders (no idea where that name came from) has lots of advice on using email.

I particularly liked the articles on email tics.

When I last worked in Germany, I was on the client site of a very large multi-national based in California.

One day I received an email sent to “everyone-at-large-multi-national”.

It was a simple email asking:

“Has anyone seen my umbrella? I left it in conference room 7”.

Conference room 7 was in San Jose. I was in Munich.

I was so, so tempted to reply:

“What colour was it?”

But I was on a client’s site.

No comments: