A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Useful

I wanted to watch the Shuttle launch today whilst job hunting.

It was being webcasted by BBC News.

But it was all a bit of a nuisance as I couldn't see it whilst scrolling through my job sites.

Until, that is, I installed KatMouse. This allowed me to scroll job pages whilst they were in the background. Very nifty and very cheap - free in fact.

So I could job hunt and watch the Shuttle launch. I'm not sure what I expected. The countdown reached 10 seconds, the engines started, then the spacecraft took off and flew into space. Very much as anticipated. Felt a bit like watching a car start. I never thought a space launch could be so mundane.

No comments: