A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Another day without work

Except, unlike yesterday, today was much better.

In fact I managed to apply for five jobs.

And I received two bites. Though not from any of these five or any other jobs to which I've applied.

A couple of agencies called on the off-chance that I was available for short-term (i.e. three to six month) assignments. Indeed I am.

And both these jobs were for the same, very large company! But in different areas, so there was no problem with me applying for both jobs.

Applying for so many jobs is quite tiring. I hope I can find a good deal for a trip to Madrid soon.

I've noticed that during the week I'm gagging to get away but at the weekend I can't be arsed to book things- probably due to tiredness.

I'm really not cut out for this job hunting thing. It's too much solitary work - I work much better within a team environment.

No comments: