A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, July 18, 2005

Left out

On the train back from Liverpool I felt particularly left out.

Why?

Because I didn't have a laptop to use on the train. Everyone else did. The train even had mains sockets for passengers to use with the computers. They don't, however, have WiFi service on that particular service. Yet.

My journey on Thursday meant I couldn't job hunt the whole day. If I'd taken my laptop with me, then I could have done some work - especially if I had WiFi access.

Not that it made much difference. On Friday I could only apply for one job.

No comments: