A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, July 29, 2005

Broken news

On the underground back to Herrtoneimi my mobile phone rang (mobiles work on the Helsinki Metro throughout).

It was the agency handling the job in Duesseldorf for which I went to an interview in London a week ago. They had actually said they would call a couple of days ago. I thought this was optimistic of them and so it turned out.

Anyway they phoned today. The employer has given the job to someone with fluent German. Now, fluency was definitely not required but it would give someone the edge.

Oh well. Bit disappointed as it seemed a good job with the opportunity to learn a new technology - Sun. And it would also have utilized by experience in release management and handling certain application issues.

I better not dwell on it and get back to being on holiday.

No comments: