A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Less dismal

Before I get out of bed I switch on my laptop (I don't have a girlfriend see) and check the BBC news to see if it's worth getting up.

Actually, despite the fact that it never is, I still get up.

However today, after logging on Skype rang. It was my friend and business partner Peter. He lives in Finland, two hours ahead of the UK.

Whilst we were going over some figures on a spreadsheet my mobile rang. It was an agency I'd contacted yesterday about a role partly in Germany and partly in London.

We had a chat and she said she'd send my c.v. to her client. A bite. Great.

Just as I was about to hang up the mobile rang again (my mobile can take two incoming calls at the same time). It was another agency, who had called last week. They were calling today just to say they hadn't forgotten me. Ah.

So, it was all go before I had even got out of bed.

After getting up, the three S's and breakfast I settled down to some serious job hunting. And my mobile rang again. Another bite from an agency I had emailed yesterday.

Today I managed to fire off seven applications. Plus I haven't finished looking yet. Any other suitable adverts I see now I'll deal with tomorrow morning. Experience has shown me that tiredness (er, plus alcohol) results in errors in my applications.

No comments: