A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Packing

Instead of job hunting I spent most of the day packing.

Now, I didn't have that much to pack but I took my time. I also loaded widgets from Konfabulator. Yahoo have just taken over the company and now the widgets are free. They'll be even more useful when I get a job.

Job, oh yes.

I phoned the agency handling the job in Liverpool. They still haven't heard anything back from them yet. And the agency who was going to call me about the job in Duesseldorf (I went for an interview in London about this on Friday) didn't get back to me today. Actually, although they said they would call I would have been surprised if they had any news for me today.

After loading and trying out widgets I felt I ought to job hunt a bit - I'm not on holiday until tomorrow. I did a trawl but found nothing. So this week's total applications remain at four.

Anyway, I'm off to Helsinki tomorrow and back next Thursday. I hope to have little to report on the job hunting front until then.

No comments: