A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Haircut

On Sunday I managed to find one job to which I could apply.

In fact I suspect the same job had been advertised before, by the same agency, but as a permanent role. Maybe they couldn't find anyone because now they were advertising for a freelance manager for a very similar sounding job.

This is one of those agencies who use an 0870 number. For the permie job I managed to find a normal number for them and used that.

I wasn't too impressed when I called and spoke to the agency before so this time I merely sent off an email (with c.v.) and left it at that.

This morning I managed to book an appointment, for today, for a haircut at a well-known salon in Brighton. My view is that the less hair you have the more important it is that you have a good haircut. And it's even more important if you have an interview coming up.

As I no longer drive I took the train to Brighton. Whilst I was walking to the station (see, I don't just walk to cake shops) my mobile phone rang.

It was the agency to whom I'd sent that email yesterday. We had a good long chat. So long in fact, that I had to interrupt the agent and buy a ticket at the station, else I'd have missed my train. The agent seemed impressed and is sending my c.v. to her client.

So, that's a bite. Which is just as well as it was a typical Monday - nothing I could apply for.

No comments: