A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Mid-week

I've noticed a pattern in recent weeks. They start off poor (in terms of number of applications) but by Wednesday I'm making quite a few applications.

Well, not today. I managed to squeeze off one application. Just bloody one.

In the afternoon I phoned the agent but she told me the job had gone on hold soon after being advertised this morning.

Anyway, I have an interview tomorrow in Liverpool. The agency phoned me up today to advise me that job had already been filled. But the recruiter still wanted to see me as he was hoping to build another team.

It'll probably cost me over £100 for the trip. Plus it'll mean that I won't be job hunting for the whole day. And it'll also rely on those with a terrorist-inclination behaving themselves. I'll have to cross London as part of the journey.

No comments: