A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Xing

A girlfriend, who runs two businesses, told me that using Xing and LinkedIn wasn't going to be effective in getting a job in Germany.

Being an ex-girlfriend, however, means she's wrong about everything.

Today I did my usual trawl through the job sites. Found nothing.

Then I looked at the Xing forum for freelancers. There I found a most suitable job in central Europe. I dropped the recruiter an internal (to Xing) memo and then called her.

I was the first response she had received to her posting of the requirement.

Then I made a few calls and left messages. A few minutes later someone called back on my London Skype number. It was a recruiter for a contract role in Munich. Someone I know in Munich has alerted me to this job (on Jobserve) a few days ago.

The recruiter seemed impressed and is going to talk to his client about me right away.

A bite.

No comments: