A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Quite good news

Despite this being a bit of a job-dire day there was some good news.

My mobile phone rang.

OK, I have two mobiles, so the mobile phone which is German rang.

It was the agency which arranged the telephone interview last week.

The client now wants a face-to-face interview.

Next week. They even asked if I preferred earlier or later in the week.

"Later, please".

I heard at an outplacement course that it's better to apply (or at least have your application received) or be interviewed later than earlier in the process. And anyway, later suits me better.

No comments: