A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Back to not working

Whoa. Those Germans certainly know how to celebrate the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Funnily enough it involved alcohol. Lots of it. Mainly in proper sized glasses (that is, about a litre). None of those namby-pamby pint things.

Now, if I want to continue this lifestyle of drinking beer, eating pig (and curry) and sitting in my Jacuzi then I will, at some stage, need another job. Unless, of course, my last client calls me back.

So, today I need to start job hunting again.

But before I could settle down at my Table PC (part of the lifestyle) one of my two mobile phones rang.

It was an agent who called in early January about a contract job in Munich. Looks like they now want to interview me, probably by phone, probably this week. Even today.

Oooh, it would be nice if I get sorted for a new job so quickly.

Anyway, must now start the usual trawl.

No comments: