A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Big chill

Yesterday was a day of taking it easy.

There's was no point job hunting, there's a nasty outbreak of public holidays at the moment.

Also, I had a German lesson in the morning, and a friend came round in the afternoon for some one-to-one tuition in chilling. We sat on my balcony and drank wine.

Before then I sent an email to the guy who wants to interview me over a video conference. I gave him the Munich telephone number assigned to me by my local SIP provider.

I received an automatic out of office message that he's now away for over a week.

Later on I received an email from my SIP provider. It was in response to my queries I sent them a few days ago. Basically the service provider does not support video!

Just as well the guy is now on holiday. We couldn't have a video call after all. I have about a week to find another solution.

Drat.

No comments: