A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

An even better day, I suppose

Today I applied for six jobs.

None were in Munich but one was in Amsterdam.

My calls generated some interest. I also got a bite from one of the people to whom I applied yesterday.

The average contract daily rate seems to have gone up in London.

A couple of agencies expressed interest but didn't follow through. One asked for more information, specific to the job. I sent it but he didn't call back. Another said he'd send a job spec. but didn't. In the latter's case there was a lot of doubt that I'd be suitable for the job anyway.

The thing is I should be flying back to Munich tomorrow so most of the day I'll be unavailable. I might make some calls from my mobile whilst on the train but the route doesn't have full mobile phone coverage.

No comments: