A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Cities' quality of living rankings

Hat-tip to Frank who mailed me an excerpt from The Economist.

Went to the Mercer site, which had the whole list.

Best placed to live, apparently, is Zurich. Then Geneva. It carries on its list of boring cities till it gets to number seven - Frankfurt (or "Fuckfurt" as someone I know calls it).

This is one above Munich. So Frankfurt (and I assume they mean Frankfurt am Main, not the one in the former east Germany) is better than Munich. Right.

Amsterdam is 13th, Berlin is 16th, Helsinki is 29th, Singaport is 34th (well, it is a fine city) and London is 39th.

All the top five cities in the Americas are Canadian.

I can't believe Frankfurt scored higher than Munich.

No comments: