A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Job hunting

OK, I haven't been sitting on my arse all day thinking how nice Munich is in the summer.

Oh no, I have been drinking and partying trying to get SIP working on my PC.

Why?

Well, the company who called me last week want a second interview. Preferably a video conference call.

Hiring a video suite here in Munich costs more than a flight probably would.

I have Skype but the company does not have any web cams.

(!)

So, after a bit of thinking, I've decided to try a SIP option. I'm hoping it's possible to use it to dial into a normal video conference device.

I've installed Kapanga client software and am now trying to find a suitable VoIP/SIP provider who will support the H263 protocol.

In fact I spent most of the day researching this (once I got up). So, I haven't even looked for other jobs.

Anyway, bit fed up with it all now, so am going to stop.

No comments: