A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Good start

Well, today I applied for four jobs.

Which is good considering we're coming up to the long bank holiday.

None of the jobs were in Munich but I'm not too surprised about that around these weeks.

One was actually in Amsterdam.

Oh, and one was a sort of bite as the agent was interested in my c.v. and sent me some details to consider. As promised I tried to call him back but it turns out he then went off to a client site.

On the SIP front I replaced Kapanga with X-Lite and that seems to work. Not sure if it'll support calls to video conference suites. I did send the service provider an email but have had no reply. Can't complain as it's free.

(In case you don't remember this is so I can be interviewed by video conference rather than fly over to London or, more expensively, rent a vid con suite here in Munich).

In a little while I'm going to a Xing regular get together in a pub near where I live.

No comments: