A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, April 20, 2007

Nice end to the week

The agent who advertised on Xing called me back this afternoon.

We had a nice chat and she's going to send my c.v. over to her client.

The client won't be back, however, until the beginning of May.

This week I applied for three jobs and received two bites.

I have a feeling that although I'm applying for less jobs I'm getting more interest. And that this is genuine interest which will result in (and has already resulted in) interviews.

A few years ago I was getting positive responses (i.e. "bites" as I call them) from one in 10 applications. And one in 10 of those bites resulted in interviews.

The stats now seem better although the volume is lower. Not bad considering I'm focussing on the Munich area and only applying in English, for English-speaking jobs.

No comments: