A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Big trip

Well not that big but I flew back to Munich today.

Achoo

Not me, the taxi driver (from the London railway station to the airport) sneezed.

"Bless you" I said.

"Oh, that's alright", he said, "I like sneezing".

I guess everyone needs a hobby.


I said Munich

At the airport I presented my open return ticket and asked for the next flight to Munich.

"Oh, you just missed one", the lady at ticket sales informed me, but she found a seat for the next flight.

I then went through security, into the departure lounge. There I looked at the display but couldn't find any flight to Munich at the time I was booked to go.

Then I realised she'd booked me on a flight to Frankfurt.

Why I don't know. Well, at least it's in Germany. But I really didn't want to go to Frankfurt, don't really even like it there.

I eventually found a customer desk and they managed to change it for a flight to Munich. Well done chaps.


It's all go

After landing at Munich I got the train back to the city. There's a mainline station close to where I live. I quickly showered, put on some fresh clothes and went to an American German Business Club meeting.

I'm a member even though I'm not American, or German. But, then again, the president of the Munich chapter is also British.

From a networking perspective it wasn't the best for me. I was tired from travelling and had decided not to drink anything as it would probably have had a stronger effect on me.

Normally I think it's better to have a drink at these events to loosen up a bit.

Now rather today.


Here's the excuse

I didn't apply for any jobs today and also no agency called me about my recent applications.

I guess I could have phoned from the train whilst travelling up to London. But I didn't want to get my tablet PC out and ... well I just didn't ok

No comments: