A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Long weekend

Look, just because I didn't post here during the weekend doesn't mean I wasn't job hunting but instead taking advantage of the weather, the bier gardens and the bars of Munich. I'm not that predictable.

OK, I wasn't job hunting and I was taking advantage of the weather, the bier gardens and the bars of Munich. But lack of posting doesn't definitely mean that.

I'm not going to job hunt this morning as I want to prepare for my German lesson which is a few hours away.

Tomorrow is a public holiday in Bavaria (and maybe the whole of Germany) so most people take today off as a "bridge day".

A little while ago, however, my mobile phone rang. It was the agency who had arranged a telephone interview a couple of weeks ago. They were going to get back to me with a date for a second interview on Thursday.

But instead they phoned today and asked me to interview this Wednesday. Which suits me fine.

No comments: