A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, August 02, 2004

The worst recruitment agency in the world

When I was looking for my second job, around a decade ago, I occassionally used this agency. They were awful, never phoned back when they said they would etc. Others agreed with me.

Today I saw they were advertising for a job in Munich. I'd be really happy to live and work there again. And it seemed an appropriate job. But ... but, it's still advertised by the worst recruitment agency in the world.

However, the office handling this is in Frankfurt not England so they may not be so bad.

A few years back I was recruiting for an Oracle DBA in the UK. I kept getting hounded by this agency. At one stage they said they'd send someone over the next day. I emphatically told them not to.

The next day the poor chap turned up. All I could do was explain the situation to him - we weren't going to interview him like this. And I left it to one of our HR people to have a go at the agency.

So I could end up flying to Munich just to discover that the "client" hadn't agreed to interview me. "Kein Weg Jose".

I may be keen to work in Europe, keener to work in Munich, keen to get another job quite soon but they're still the worst agency in the world and I'm not going to use them.

No comments: