A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Not at all exasperating

A little while ago I noticed on http://www.monster.co.uk/ a job for a team manager in Sweden. It was advertised in English and was based in Helsingborg. Not my first choice destination for the Nordics but still of interest.

It takes about 15 minutes or so for me to tailor my c.v. and write a covering email. I'm very careful about how I do this.

Less than five minutes after sending it off I receive a reply. The agency likes my c.v. which is good but the role requires a knowledge of Swedish.

I double check the advert and there's no mention of a language requirement, Swedish or other. Grrr.

No comments: