A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, August 02, 2004

An okay day

Quite okay in fact.

I applied for four jobs today. So, it could be a bumper week.

One agency had Elvis Presley hold music. But I couldn't take it and so had to hang up. They eventually phoned back (which doesn't always happen when they say they will). Unfortunately my experience didn't totally match their requirements - which I guessed when applying - and they thought that together with my career gap it would faze their client. But they were very nice about it.

Another agency asked me to phone back at 6pm. I did and they said that they were still busy so would call me in 10 minutes. They didn't. I'm not going to bother phoning them tomorrow.

No comments: