A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Statistically a good day

Today I applied for five jobs.

This has to be good because my target is five jobs per week. I've already applied for nine jobs this week.

But it's misleading. None of the agencies have phoned me back. And that means I'm no nearer to getting a job. So that makes it a bad week, in a sense.

Worst, the company who interviewed me in Prague are recruiting again for similar roles. Not that they've had the courtesy to get back to me.

And even worst I saw the same job advert for the role in Germany to which I applied last week. That actually doesn't mean anything (sometimes the web sites repost the adverts without being asked) but it still pinches a bit.

Must keep calm.

No comments: