A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Excitement

It's difficult keeping the excitement going in this blog site.

Anyway, I applied for three jobs today. One of those was an online application. Normally I don't like these as they don't give you the chance of writing a covering letter.

But these days it seems agencies don't even read covering letters, and today I really didn't want to go to the effort anyway.

For those who haven't been paying attention, "writing covering letters" means writing covering emails. It is quite a big "no no" in IT to send a paper letter, that's so second millenium.

Although I've applied for quite a few jobs this week it still seems quiet. And I reckon the reason for this is that recruiters are winding down for the UK public holiday on Monday. It probably means tomorrow (Friday) will be quieter than usual.

No comments: