A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Just to be clear

Last night I wrote that the British Secret Service doesn't have a web site. This is true. I suppose having one of the most distinctive buildings in London, by the river, is sufficient publicity.

Our security service (slightly equivalent to the FBI) does have a web site as does GCHQ (slightly equivalent to the NSA).

In fact, this morning I went to the home page of www.monster.co.uk to find that MI5 (the other name for our security service) had an advert linked on their front page. The advert was for surveillance officers which is not something I'd like to do. Nevertheless I looked through the details of the job and they warned that their security vetting could take eight months. They also advised to keep applications secret, limited to only close family, so that probably precludes recording the fact on a blog.

No comments: